Hi. Please can you explain how to insert photos in the wiki? Is there an protocol for browsing & select from : " My Pictures"? Thanks
- First you have to select 'upload file' from the toolbox (the very bottom side menu). Then, to include the image in an article, you need to copy the format used an article that already successfully includes one, such as the Goetia article if you want a thumbnail or the Main Page if you want it to be big.
- Also, don't forget that if you publish any photos in the wiki, they are released under the GNU Free Documentation Licence. See link at the bottom of every page.
Hey. I am having some strange troubles formatting things sometimes. When I put the symbols like ":" before lines it occasionally won't accept the whole paragraph and just move some of the text over. I wonder if it's because I press enter as though I am doing a new paragraph?
- I think it works so long as the whole paragraph is written in one continuous string with no new lines. If you do a new line, you have to start it with another colon, the same number as the level you want to indent it to. --AntonChanning 19:21, 5 May 2007 (CDT)
Another example is with Sir Ralph Harvey. I tried moving over the line that appears underneath his name, just to make it look more tidy and it won't work. Every time I have tried thus far just changes what word appears on the line below his name... I don't know if there is a solution to this, I just wanted to mention it.--Te23 18:49, 5 May 2007 (CDT)
- Hmm, I'll have a look. I think this whole discussion needs to be moved into the Help:Contents talk page. We should probably put a link to the MediaWiki help contents here in its place. --AntonChanning 19:21, 5 May 2007 (CDT)
Another question, is there a way to change the amount of time i stay longed for? Whilst writing my response in the tantra discussion I timed out and was worried I lost what I had wrote. I think I was only logged in for half an hour....--Te23 18:49, 5 May 2007 (CDT)
- I don't know, I've had the session time out on me when I was typing, but all it did was require me to post again. No text was lost. If it bothers you though I'll see if there is some setting somewhere... --AntonChanning 19:21, 5 May 2007 (CDT)
I have corrected the silly minor edits that were made to this page. --Feather 02:34, 27 September 2007 (CDT)