Earth Inferno: Foreword
- In venturing to submit this, the firt collection of Drawings,
to AUSTIN SPARE'S few friends and admirers, we can
only hope for the kindly reception that so many have
- The Text is not intended to fully explain, and the
reader must be left to place his own interpretation upon the
illustration, which is not grotesque for the sake of originality,
but representative of the "Inferno" of the Earth emblematical
- In turning contemptuously, as many will, from these
Spare creations, remember - they can not be proved to be
senseless, although they may seem so to us.
- Who can appreciate the wonders of dreamers ? However,
we can not fail to see how far removed is the conception of
Earth here presented from the accepted theory.
- Lastly, these pictorial writings in allegory are to convey no
morals or sentiments, but are a Song of Experience, and of